We are lucky to have a purpose built centre for our headquarters. Our address is:
The Scouting Centre, Shepway Close, Folkestone CT19 5SJ
Parking is available in Shepway Close and the hall is a short walk along the fully lit alley way.
All our sections meet weekly.
|Beavers||6-8 yrs old||Tuesdays||5.15pm to 6.30pm|
|Cubs||8-10.5 yrs old||Tuesdays||6.45pm to 8.15pm|
|Scouts||10.5-14 yrs old||Fridays||7pm to 9pm|
|Explorers||14-18 yrs old||Wednesdays||7pm to 9pm|
The joining list process is broken into 3 stages, as explained below:
- Parent is pointed to the 11thfolkestonescouts.org.uk website.
- Parent finds the joining list registration form.
- Parent completes the form.
- Form is submitted to Online Scout manager.
- Parent is emailed a copy of their submission.
- Joining list admin team is emailed a copy of the submission.
- Joining list admin team review submission on the joining list.
- Admin checks the age, and if less than 5 3/4 the parent is contacted to acknowledge receipt.
Review & Offer
- The section leader reviews the list for members who are in their age range.
- The section leader contacts the parent and offers a place or identifies a likely start date if in the future, and updates the Contact Record.
- The section leader liaises with the parent throughout the offer, keeping the Contact Record up to date throughout
- Once the offer is accepted the section leader will transfer the submission with their OSM instance to enable the parent to easily receive section communications such as programme & event details and complete the data collection requirements.
The joining list is not strictly linear, a number of factors will be taken into consideration to ensure that the young person gets a quality time in scouting. Which may mean if your child gets close to the upper age range for their current section, they will be considered for the next section.
For example Johnny has been on the list since he was 4 years old, but he is now 7 years and 10 months old. Janey has been on the list since she was 5, and is 5 years 10 months old, it is likely that the place will be offered to Janey over Johnny, because Janey will have more time in Beavers than Johnny will. By the time Johnny has settled in it’ll be time to move him to cubs, and unsettle him again.
Our preference is to maximise the experience for the young person, over strict linear churn through the joining list.
The ages at which the joining list administration team move young people between lists is as follows:
|Beavers||0 years – 7 years 10 months|
|Cubs||7 years 11 Months – 10 years|
|Scouts||10 years 1 month – 13 year 6 months|
|Explorers||13 years 6 months – 18 years|
However there may be some variations at the discretion of the relevant sections leaders. Our admissions policy is final.
We have an online form that captures the data required to be able to offer places, when they become available. This form can be found:
This data captured within this form is made available to the individual section leaders through our Online Scout Manager membership management system.