The Group Scout Council is the electoral body, which supports Scouting in the Scout Group. It is the body to which the Group Executive Committee is accountable.
Membership of the Group Scout Council is open to:
- Scouters, Colony, Pack and Troop Assistants Skills Instructors & Explorer Scout Leaders (if stated in a Partnership Agreement);
- Group Scout Active Support members;
- Administrators & Advisers;
- Patrol Leaders;
- All parents of Beaver Scouts, Cub Scouts and Scouts;
- any other supporters including former Scouts and their parents who may be admitted by the Group Scout Leader, the Group Executive Committee or the Group Scout Council;
The District Commissioner and District Chairman are ex-officio members of the Group Scout Council.
The Group Scout Council must hold an Annual General Meeting within six months of the financial year end to:
- receive and consider the Annual Report of the Group Executive Committee, including the annual statement of accounts;
- Approve the Group Scout Leader’s nomination of the Group Chairman and nominated members of the Group Executive Committee;
- Elect a Group Secretary and Group Treasurer;
- Elect certain members of the Group Executive Committee;
- Appoint an auditor or independent examiner or scrutineer as required.