Welcome to Explorers
Our LOST ESU is the 5th section of the Scouting journey
Everything you need to know about Explorers should be right here. Take a look around!
All our volunteer leaders are fully trained, have a current DBS, regularly refresh safeguarding and safety knowledge and hold a First Aid qualification. Find out more about our safeguarding procedures here.
Scouts are young people aged 10½ to 14 who:
- Master new skills and try new things
- Have fun and go on adventures
- Make friends
- Are curious about the world around them
- Help others and make a difference, in their own communities and beyond
Every week, they gather in groups called Scout Troops to take part in lots of interesting and challenging activities – achieving anything they set their minds to, and having lots of fun along the way.
Teal long sleeve shirt/blouse
Navy blue activity trousers
Scout trouser belt & buckle
All Terrain Activity Shoes (dark coloured) or school shoes
Group T-shirt (£10.00)
Dark coloured shorts (Navy/Black)
Optional cap/hat for outdoor activities
*(Provided by the Group)
Uniform can be purchased from our shop 4 Adventurers, which supports our Group.
Scouts processes the personal data of you (as a parent) and your child (including sensitive data) on our membership databases; this includes your data if you become a volunteer. This data’s shared between your local group and Scouts UK HQ.
Information Scouts holds about you and your child may include the following:
- name and contact details
- details of any youth badges and awards
- details of Scouts events and activities you’ve taken part in
- details of next of kin or parents details (in the case of youth
- age/date of birth
- details of any health conditions
- details about your role(s) in Scouts
Further optional personal data may also be processed to assist Scouts in monitoring its impact, such as:
- race or ethnic background and native languages
We know everyone has a skill, hobby or interest we can use at Scouts and anytime you can offer to help out is awesome. You can volunteer as little or as much as you like, we’re super flexible.
Speak to one of the leaders about the different tasks we need support with at each meeting. If you could help us out once or twice a term, it’ll make a big difference.